> This happens when American culture and behavioral standard is extended to
> an international community.

FWIW, the CoC itself is quite neutral and contains (at least in my
view) no American specificities, only general principles that most
developers can identify with. Also, I would note that the majority of
the current committee members are *not* US-based (from what I can
tell) and that there is a good gender balance, so it's hard to argue
it could get more diverse than that. That, together with the history
of MZMcBride should make us give credit to the committee (and question
some of our own stereotypes ;))

Nevertheless, this case has shown a few issues with the way the CoC is
implemented. I strongly believe secrecy and open source don't go well
together and that the committee's decisions should be opened to
scrutiny by the community. That implies that (at the very least) bans
should be publicly logged, together with the duration of the ban, the
intervention in question (if still public) and the part of the CoC
that was breached. Ideally, the justification should also be public,
but I realize that might not always be possible or desirable.

Another question is how will such discussions be included in the CoC
or the committee's process?  I don't think a blacklist of forbidden
words would be a constructive or realistic solution, but such email
threads should not remain without follow-up, or we risk repeating the
same mistakes in the future.

Strainu