Nuria Ruiz <nu...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The CoC will prioritize the safety of the minority over the comfort of the
> majority.

This is an odd thing to say, in this context. I don't believe anyone's
safety is endangered by hearing the phrase in question, so it seems like
just an issue of comfort on both sides. And who are the minority and
majority here?

> The way the bug was closed might be incorrect (I personally as an engineer
> agree that closing it shows little understanding of how technical teams do
> track bugs in phab, some improvements are in order here for sure) but the
> harsh interaction is just one out of many that have been out of line for
> while.

This seems like the current argument - that it's not really about the use
of a phrase, it's about an alleged pattern of behavior by MZMcBride. What
this pattern is I don't know - the one example that was brought up was a
blog post he wrote six years ago, which caused someone else to say
something mean in the comments. (!) As others have pointed out, there's a
lack of transparency here.

-Yaron