Yes, this would have to be with PAP or else it would not support the needs of most who want, or are, running TTLS. Knowing how many and who they are however is key.

Also, do not forget about the Kerberos EAP question. I definitely think this is more of a pipe dream, but still want to present it.

Philippe Hanset wrote:
Walt, Tom,

We use SecureW2.
With all the respect I have for Tom's work,
(we couldn't have done our 802.1x project as easily without SecureW2),
I have to admit that a native client is definitely a seducing idea!
(support wise!)

BUT, let's make sure that we end up with EAP-TTLS PAP
(for all those Kerberos and LDAP back ends)
and not EAP-TTLS MSchapV2 !

If Microsoft decides to do EAP-PEAP with PAP support that would
work for me as well. But as Chris Hessing mentioned before,
PEAP is not as "clean" as TTLS (he didn't use the word clean, I forgot
how he described it. Chris, complain if you don't agree ;-)

Philippe Hanset
Univ. of TN.