Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University
Visit us online at www.fairmontstate.edu
<https://fsmail.fairmontstate.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.fairmontstate.edu/>

________________________________

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv on behalf of
Peter P Morrissey
Sent: Thu 7/24/2008 4:38 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco WLAN 4400 Controllers and 802.1x

I think the biggest challenge was (and still is to some extent) getting people
to use it and not user our Guest access or PDA access. We don't require guests
configure 1x and not all PDA's can even do 1x. As a result, sometimes people
use the network we provide for that instead of using the 1x network. It
required a major publicity campaign to get everyone to make the switch.

Pete Morrissey