It should also be noted that not all "controller in the cloud"
solutions are the same.  The key difference is the control plane.
While the data plane is distributed and the management plane is
centralized the control plane will be handled differently depending on
the vendor.

If the control plane is cloud based then the APs are dependent on the
WAN link and cloud availability in order to maintain dynamic
intelligence (and all of the features that are tied to the control
plane - roaming, RF mgmt, etc..).  If the control plane is also
distributed then the APs will maintain their "intelligence" when they
cannot talk to the cloud.

Make sure the vendor explains all of the features which are tied to
the control plane before deployment.

  /rf

--

  /rf