On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:39 -0400, "John Kaftan" <jkaf...@utica.edu>
wrote:
> Has anybody found a good solution for AP enclosures?  Our older Residence
> Halls do not have drop ceilings so we cannot hide the APs.  We have found
> that most things visible get destroyed.

We have no residence halls so I can't comment on damage in those areas.
The only time we use enclosures are when the APs are located outdoors.
We've been using these:
http://www.sparcotech.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SP-NEMA-LR-IOM

Pretty inexpensive and they come with weathertight cat5 passthrough
grommets as well as weathertight bulkhead-mounted RF connectors with
pigtails on the inside (so you can attach the antennas on the outside of
the enclosure).
--
Nick Kartsioukas
Cuesta College Computer Services