On 12/19/2012 9:19 AM, Entwistle, Bruce wrote:
We installed our APs in the hallways, and found that the APs were seeing such a
strong signal from each other that the Cisco controller would power down the
signal strength for the APs.  This was causing a impact on coverage in the
rooms along the hallway.
Cisco's docs say not to use transmission power control in a corridor style deployment. It's a footnote found in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The Leopard."

I had to turn TPC off on the APs in the corridor style res halls to get any sort of reasonable service out of the APs.

-Rick

--
Rick Coloccia, Jr.
Network Manager