We had the APs for our highrise dorms located in the hallways which was convenient for installation and maintenance, but it made for a poor RF design. Lots of co-channel interference and dynamic power management problems. Moving them into student rooms solved this, although coordinating the installation with the residents was a hassle. We have not seen an increase in loss, damage or troubles. Every once in a great while we get a user who is concerned with health aspects of having an AP in their room.

-Karl Reuss
 University of Maryland College Park