We have been operating the following for a couple years with reasonable
success.

Campus wide:

-          TUguestwireless – open wireless for onboarding and self service
account creation via SMS text messaging – no internet access otherwise (via
Packet Fence).  Will soon add one click mobileconfig provisioning (last piece
we are missing to make it awesome).

-          TUsecurewireless – WPA2 enterprise.  Authentication alone gets you
access and we use Freeradius to steer staff, students, and guests to different
vlans (to get different access privileges).

-          eduroam

  Residence Halls only:

-          TUresnet – WPA2 enterprise authentication and one time registration
forces our managed AV

-          TUresnetextra – WPA2 PSK w/ mac authentication requires device
registration via portal.

  Anything else is a one off case for us (which happens).  Next we are adding
one click mobileconfig provisioning to ease onboarding (soon) and continuous
posture checking (much later).  The only complaints are occasionally the folks
that just want anyone to connect without providing any credentials.  We don’t
do it.  Either self service and we know the cell phone number or sponsored
access.  We think we are regulated by HEOA to know who connects anywhere (no
small feat when you add NAT into the puzzle).  There are plenty of evil doers
out there and we hope they will move on to someone else’s open network.

  a...@temple.edu
 Temple University – Network Services
  Join the team! We are looking for a Linux Sys Admin type to support AAA, NAC,
Monitoring environments

https://hospats.adminsvc.temple.edu/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=TU-16534