From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Carter
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:32 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] latest from FCC on de-authing Mi-Fi

I'm disappointed in the statement from the FCC. This was a chance to clarify
their position on this, but it's still as vague as ever. What is a "commercial
establishment"? Does that include K-12 or Higher Ed? What about a corporate HQ?

I'm also disappointed that the wireless vendors have been quiet on this issue
as well. Where is Cisco, Aruba, Rukus, et. al who provide us with these tools?
One reading of the FCC notice is that the product they "market and sell" is
illegal. I feel they should be leading the charge with the FCC for
clarification for us, their customers.

Thomas Carter
Network and Operations Manager
Austin College