From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jason Cook
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:30 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Measuring User Experience

I must say many staff aren't much better than the students at reporting issues.
Often going through upper management before lodging a ticket. Reminds me of
rant I saw on redit the other day stating he got a petition to fix wireless
from the students but there were 0 reports in the ticket system for this
location.. hah

Like many said could collect a pile of info like radius failed auth's and graph
that as a percentage. Pull RSSI/SNR numbers and report on how many have
acceptable numbers etc.

User feedback is great, we usually do a survey every 2ish years and offer
something like 5x $100 vouchers to get people on. Over 80% of people were happy
or better, and we used the text feedback to identify the worst locations to
investigate and resolve. Report on that to management. Seems to keep everyone
happy.
We also add to that tickets, we keep a spreadsheet and anything coverage
related gets marked in. Whenever it comes to new installs time we use the
spreadsheet and identify the buildings with the highest complaints and tackle
them. The numbers of often not that big given users don't put tickets in, but
it's the best we have and it's a statistic. Plus we are seeing to the needs of
those who make the effort to contact us. What more can you really do?

Why fight twitter when you can join it?? Having said that I don't use it. But
howabout creating a suitable hashtag for your students to use.
#{universityname}wifi Advertise that out and get students to use it when they
have something to say about your wifi.

--
Jason Cook
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005 Ph    : +61 8 8313 4800