We disable all the LEDs in residence halls on our Cisco APs.  It hasnet
caused us much of a problem troubleshooting, you have the ability flash or
turn on individual lights if needed in case you have to identify an AP.

-Jimmy
University of Michigan

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Julian Y Koh <kohs...@northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> On Tue Sep 06 2016 08:57:08 CDT, Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu> wrote:
> >
> > First-world problems… Curious if others have gone down this road in
> Residence Halls. We’re not really being asked to, but are considering
> wholesale disabling LEDs on our Cisco APs in the dorms as a quality of life
> step. Has this caused anyone any pain when it comes to not being able to
> see the colors on the AP as status indication? Have you actually had
> requests to disable the LEDs? Overall experience with accommodating or
> denying the request?
> >

> I can't remember the exact sequence of how all the conversations went, but
> when we did a redesign to start moving the APs into the residence hall
> rooms, we turned off the lights on those units.  I think we got a couple of
> reports where residents were wondering if the APs were working, but overall
> not a big deal.
>

> --
> Julian Y. Koh
> Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services
> Northwestern Information Technology
>
> 2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
> Evanston, IL 60208
> +1-847-467-5780
> Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>
> PGP Public Key:<http://bt.ittns.northwestern.edu/julian/pgppubkey.html>

James Helzerman
Wireless Network Engineer
University of Michigan - ITS Communications Systems and Data Centers
Phone: 734-615-9541