GT - I ran into this problem because I used my phone to troubleshoot multi
mode optical links, but then I got a phone with an IR filter on the rear
camera. I discovered that the front camera still does not have the IR
filter, at least on an iPhone 6S. Hope that helps.

Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer
VBRH Annex B-1
+1 256 824 5331