We only have a handful of 3702i APs deployed but do not recall anything
specific to that model. We moved from 8.0 to 8.2 for similar reasons
though.  I doubt this is related with the random disassociations but we
took Lee Badman’s suggestion to turn down the client exclusion timer from
60 seconds to 5 seconds on our dot1x SSIDs.  It seems to have helped
incorrectly configured and/or poorly behaving clients a lot yet still
provides some level of security.

I would guess everyone else knows this but running 8.0, 8.2, and/or 8.3
across the same RF grouping may give you unpredictable results.
Specifically 2800/3800 APs that I tried to let do auto channel width in a
small area….. for that area it worked fine until an 8.0 WLC was the RF
leader.  At that point all of the APs on the newer controller code that
supported auto channel width went to 80MHz channels.  It was a quick fix
but it made me think someone was messing with me for a while……

*Mike Atkins *

Network Engineer

Office of Information Technology

University of Notre Dame