-----Original Message-----
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] I need 100% participation RIGHT NOW! This means YOU!

FCC Acknowledges Receipt of Comments From.and Thank You for Your Comments
Donald L. Renner

Your Confirmation Number is: '2005929853326 '
Date Received: Sep 29 2005
Docket: 04-186

The following is the comments for the record.

       Our company is a new Wireless ISP in Southern Indiana serving low
density town and rural non-served and underserved areas.  The need for
high-speed broadband in rural areas is critical. Non-served areas will lose
the younger population, because they cannot access the Internet and the
services that are provided through high speed broadband.

      We do a site survey for every contact to see if service can be
provided.  We average 30% installs and cannot serve the rest. This is using
900, 2.4 and 5.7 frequencies.  None of these frequencies will work in trees
around the house, light forest or in terrain of rolling hills of 100 to 300
feet.  Population density are 3 to 12 persons per mile and is not cost
effective for current wired solutions.  NetsurfUSA does not have the capitol
to build towers for every 20 customers, but this is what it would take to
serve 85% of our customers and our payback would be 15-20 years.

          All of our equipment is in the ISM bands and we have worked well
with other users and providers to not have conflicts, but there is dramatic
growth of more users coming to the current spectrum and are increasing noise
floor for everyone. If WISP's had the TV channel spectrum then we would
leave a lot of the current unlicensed spectrum to other users, both current
and future. This would help us maintain more dense modulation schemes with
lower signal to noise ratios.

      We are a very small business, that is trying to serve our customers
and friends who want to continue to live in a non urban lifestyle. Wireless
is the only cost effective way to serve them with such low population
densities, but the current frequencies will not provide service to most of
them. It will take the unused TV channels to provide them high speed
broadband. If you allocate the TV channels and just put them up for auction,
you will have failed to give these people the relief that they want. Auction
of the spectrum will go to large, well funded companies and groups of
speculators looking to get the spectrum for resale and profit as the primary
goal and not to provide service and innovation.

       This spectrum would make it possible to serve the vast majority of
rural customers. Large Telco's and Cable companies are serving high density
areas with very high bandwidth pipes to provide voice, data and video at
inexpensive rates and their rural customers are left with basic dialup.
WISP's have a passion to serve our customers and neighbors but we need you
to help us get the spectrum to provide what the current spectrum cannot.
Our country and economy needs to have rural high speed broadband that
allows anyone to live anywhere in America and have access.

Donald L. Renner
NetsurfUSA, Inc.
P.O. Box 310
French Lick, IN 47432