You can get 2 port pci riser cards for via boards and there are a few dual
ether VIA's out there but never used them myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: 30 January 2006 22:19
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] My Towers Need More CPU - suggestions?

Paul Hendry wrote:
> What software are you running on them? There are a couple of options out
> there including the WAR boards (once StarOS V3 is released) or I have
heard
> of several people having great success with the VIA mini-itx fanless
boards.
> Both remove the CPU as a bottle neck.

I *knew* there was something I was forgetting... :)

Right now, most of them are running StarOS, but I'd like to still be
flexible. (I have a few of these boards as CPE, mainly running RouterOS.)

The WAR boards, and the Routerboard 500s, both look very good for their
specific jobs, but you're more-or-less tied to a certain software
distribution there (i.e. you can't run RouterOS on a WAR, StarOS on a
RB500, etc.).

Hey, one of these days I might get a wild notion to just install a 2GB
flash card and Slackware at a tower location. You never know. Thus, my
magical ideal board should probably be x86-compatible too.

I've been looking at the VIA boards. The only problem is that most of
them only have one onboard Ethernet port, and only one PCI slot. So I
could have my multiple Ethernet ports, OR my miniPCI adapter, but not both.

David Smith
MVN.net