To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VoIP/PBX Gateway appliance

Quite simply, VoIP will be free in the long run. Use it to sell bandwidth or what have you, but don't plan on profiting from it directly outside of specific niches such as call centers. We have provisioned hundreds of phone numbers and sold hundreds of phone lines, but our actual monthly cost for providing the service outside of equipment, bandwidth, and other overhead is around $200 per month. With that kind of expense we could give away service as a loss leader and not even notice it. Do you think we are alone?

We own the network, so VoIP is easy and cheap to provide our customers. This is not the case for the Vonages of the world.

-Matt

Jason Hensley wrote:

For someone like me who is currently looking at getting into the VoIP business, why is it that you feel VoIP will be a long-term loser? I have just started my research into what it will take to provide this so I'm a little behind on it, but I'm definately interested in all opinions and options.

Thanks!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Liotta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>