> What is considered a large number of connections?
> How many connections is it safe to limit to, without compromising a user's
> typical usage.
> Would this be an effective way of determining when a class of plan is being
> abused, such as a business using a residential plan, or a small community
> WISP trying to use a single residential plan conneciton?
> Is it possible that we need to start charge for "number of connections"
> instead of just say the number of bytes transfered or speed?

My nephew and I occassionally play BF2142 online.  My Linksys DD-WRT
based router had a problem.  It had max ports set out 512.  When my PC
then his polled hundreds of servers to find the best connection it hit
that limit.  Raising it to 1024 seemed to fix it.

So limiting connections will likely smack gamers as well as p2p users.

Matt