From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:46 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Vuze / Comcast / Peer to Peer / FCC

Hi,

I think some people missed my point on this discussion... so I'm going to
re-cap:

We use MT to cap the p2p sharing (during business hours only, because that
is my peak usage time). Some people say MT is only catching about 70% of the
p2p traffic. My point was that by using MT (that I already had in place and
is FREE), if I am able to cap 70% of the p2p, that should take care of 99%
of the problems... because any network should be able to handle what little
p2p is left. I am also capping each sub at the CPE, so overall I am fairly
well protected from a single (or small group) of p2p users affecting
anything seriously.

Travis
Microserv

CHUCK PROFITO wrote:
You are nuts or spoiled on 5 gig or have fiber stuffed up every tower.  1

P2P on a 2.4 rural ap opening 100+ connections will packet flood an ap in

about 1 minute.  2.4 will only realistically deliver 5 megs per radio. 1 P2P

uploading to 60 plus users will be slowed enough to bring the bits per

packet way down, then the packet flood ensues.  Now put six sectors on a

tower, with 300+ subs, 10 megs of back haul, then add 6 P2P and on top of

that add three or four bit torrent users with 50 or 60 connections each down

flood too.. And you are 30 miles from the fiber head in.  Yeah, right...

Don't tell me not to shape the traffic.

Chuck Profito

209-988-7388

CV-ACCESS, INC

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Providing High Speed Broadband
to Rural Central California