Hi,

I think some people missed my point on this discussion... so I'm going to re-cap:

We use MT to cap the p2p sharing (during business hours only, because that is my peak usage time). Some people say MT is only catching about 70% of the p2p traffic. My point was that by using MT (that I already had in place and is FREE), if I am able to cap 70% of the p2p, that should take care of 99% of the problems... because any network should be able to handle what little p2p is left. I am also capping each sub at the CPE, so overall I am fairly well protected from a single (or small group) of p2p users affecting anything seriously.

Travis
Microserv

CHUCK PROFITO wrote:
You are nuts or spoiled on 5 gig or have fiber stuffed up every tower.  1
P2P on a 2.4 rural ap opening 100+ connections will packet flood an ap in
about 1 minute.  2.4 will only realistically deliver 5 megs per radio. 1 P2P
uploading to 60 plus users will be slowed enough to bring the bits per
packet way down, then the packet flood ensues.  Now put six sectors on a
tower, with 300+ subs, 10 megs of back haul, then add 6 P2P and on top of
that add three or four bit torrent users with 50 or 60 connections each down
flood too.. And you are 30 miles from the fiber head in.  Yeah, right...
Don't tell me not to shape the traffic.

Chuck Profito
209-988-7388
CV-ACCESS, INC