rabbtux rabbtux wrote:

> I'm looking into providing a 'family friendly' option to our services.

At the risk of starting another one of those famous flamewars, is this
(legally speaking) a sound idea? If you start modifying customers'
traffic, even if it's at their request, doesn't that put you at risk of
losing common-carrier protection if someone paying for filtering still
sees naked women or other things they don't want to see?

I promise this isn't a troll - I really am not too familiar with the law
in this area, aside from the classic cases (Stratton Oakmont vs Prodigy,
Section 230 of the CDA, and so on), and I'm certainly not a lawyer.

David Smith
MVN.net