From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 2:53 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 'family friendly' isp filtering solutions

Sorry to be coming in late on this thread... are we talking about content
filtering? Like not allowing playboy.com to people that want that type
service? If so, we have been doing that for over 5 years. Schools,
libraries, government agencies, residential users, etc. all pay "extra"
(from $1/month to $100/month depending on number of users and load).

Travis
Microserv

David E. Smith wrote:

rabbtux rabbtux wrote:

what 'protection' do I have as a small wisp?  Only want to offer
something similar to what my local competition already is.

That doesn't mean it's any wiser for them to offer the service than it
would be for you - just that they might have already answered this
question, or aren't smart enough even to ask, or have amazingly deep
pockets, or...

My boss has brought up this idea once or twice before, and this thread
may well inspire him to ask about it again. The possibility of our being
sued out of existence, however slim, is sufficient cause to to stop and
think very carefully about offering this service, IMO.

David Smith
MVN.net

----