On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 23:32 -0700, George Rogato wrote:
> Maybe for you Butch, but I am thinking this was a very useful and
> informative thread and I hate to see someone stifled because of one mans
> disdain.

Which part of the argument was "useful"?  The specific parts of the
conversation that I was referring to were not technical in nature.  This
thread does have some useful content for sure, but the specific
conversation that I responded to did not.

> We should all be able to discuss and hash things out without worrying we
> are going to offend anyone. We are after all, professionals here.

Discussion is fine.  Hashing things out is fine.  Arguing until the
thread (or one specific part of the thread) degrades to the point where
the argument becomes "my daddy can whip your daddy" as this one did is
not fine.  I don't see the professionalism in the 4 or 5 posts related
to this conversation.

I did not ask that the thread be closed anyway.  I simply asked that
people limit their comments to useful content and stop the petty
bickering.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *