From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of mlio...@r337.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:02 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 3650Mhz and Wimax Vendors

> That may be, but Aperto did issue a press release for one customer.
> And, it turns out that customer only has one radio authorization.
> Further, you mention Tolly Marcus, but what about you? Did you not
> represent yourself at WiMAX World as a Zing employee?
>
> What are people supposed to think given the situation? Did Zing pick
> Aperto based on merit or an employee relationship? Does Zing have more

> than one Aperto radio deployed? Either they haven't deployed many
> radios or they have done so illegally. Both possibilities seem to make

> them a poor choice for Aperto to use as a representative customer.
> This is especially true given both Patrick and your statements
> regarding how little Aperto issues press releases. Shouldn't that mean

> the press releases actually issued are more important?

It turns out I made a mistake. In further reading it appears that Zing
is not the only customer Aperto issued a press release for. There was
also a press release issued for NextPhase Wireless now called
MetroConnect.
Interestingly, MetroConnect has zero radio authorizations. Also of
interest is the following quote from the Aperto press release:

"This is the first of many significant wins we expect to announce this
year in the 3.65 GHz band in the U.S.," said Manish Gupta, Vice
President of Marketing & Alliances for Aperto Networks and WiMAX Forum
Board Member.

The above quote seems to suggest to the reader that MetroConnect is a
significant win and that Aperto would announce additional significant
wins in the future. To date the only other announcement was Zing. Now
maybe MetroConnect bought a bunch of radios and didn't bother to
register them with the FCC. Of course, you have to wonder how
significant of a win MetroConnect could be when during the quarter the
press release was issued MetroConnect's SEC filings state they had $2k
of cash on hand. Since that time MetroConnect's revenue has declined
each quarter and now they state their cash on hand is $0.

-Matt

--------