Here are some web sites to check out:

Connected Nation Projects:
http://www.connectky.com/
http://connectohio.org/
http://www.connectmn.org/mapping/
http://www.connectedtn.org/broadband_landscape/
http://connectwestvirginia.org/mapping_and_research/state_maps.php

http://www.publicknowledge.org/ - This group has been very critical of
Connected Nation and there have been exchanges between the parties on other
wed sites. Connected Nation's responses are interesting reading. Couple that
with the membership of Connected Nation's Board of Directors and you can
draw your own conclusions. Enter Connected Nation in the search bar to bring
up many articles.
http://benton.org/node/15506#comment-28 - Here are comments by Connected
Nation in rebuttal to PublicKnowledge.org. While it seems these two groups
are in a pretty good fight against each other, I tend to read through the
emotions and look directly at the facts. Connected Nation's response still
will not explore mapping options so that they can release the data. They
just defend their position that the data must be kept under NDA.
http://www.connectednation.org/who_we_are/national_advisors/ This the list
of the companies who make up Connected Nation's Board of Directors.

My fear is that of the money set aside for broadband mapping, politics will
get in the way and Connected Nation will get much if not all of the funds
based on their political connections. Connected Nation has a lot of momentum
inside the beltway.

I have personally developed methods to where broadband mapping can be done
on a Nationwide Basis using data that does not require any NDA. I need to
spend some time to verify the process so that it would survive scientific
scrutiny. All of the data is based on information already in the public
domain. Connected Nation could have done this same work. I don't think they
want to. With the think tank of people and skills they have at their
disposal, I find it hard to believe I am the only one who could have figured
out how to do this......

Thank You,
Brian Webster