We use a Redback SMS10000 to terminate our DSL/Wireless/Fiber/T1
customers via PPPoE/Bridges and Vlan's. Our wireless/DSL are all pppoe.
I use the redback's tcp policing on the wireless clients, any radius
server that's capable of using standard dictionary files will do. I use
a cistron based server, which I've added my own patches to, I think
freeradius is all the rage right now as well.

If you are only looking to terminate 1000 sessions, a SMS500/1000 would
probably do the job, you can pick them up for practically nothing on
ebay these days. Cisco/Imagestream/Finepoint and a linux box can all
terminate the clients, well Cisco/Finepoint for sure, I think
Imagestream probably has the ability to terminate pppoe over ethernet at
the time I was dealing with them they were just implementing the ability
to terminate atm pvc's dynamically and relay to a radius server.

Regards
Michael Baird