We're doing this with Cisco 65xx switches.  Each tower comes in as a
separate vlan, we do the PPPOE at the switch.  We restrict all traffic
from the towers (except to/from private IP management interfaces) to
PPPOE.  We use Radiator Radius with MySQL as a database backend.  ~1500
PPPOE connections currently.  We do all rate limiting on the switch as
well.   We have not done anything with IPv6 yet.

Randy

--
Randy Cosby
Vice President