Mike Hammett wrote:
> I miss it back in the day when game servers were centrally hosted.

These things, like many things, seem to go in cycles. We've gone from
central (text-based MUDs, games on the "old" AOL and CompuServe) to
distributed (DOOM and Quake, the first couple generations of FPS games)
to centralized (more recent FPS games based on the Half-Life engine,
though players still can host their own) to some of each (right now,
where there's a good mix of people playing centralized MMO games like
World of Warcraft, along with player-hosted PS3 and 360 games).

David Smith
MVN.net