> HE even has $1250 GEs

Wow, is that transport or transit?

Yeah, 2 months ago, we were going to get an Abovenet transport to Hurricain
transit because Hurricane's market low pricing, but then Equinix started
giving us a hard time on colo, trying to charge us more for the colo than
both the transport and transit links combined, so we pulled the plug on the
order.

Hurricaine had the $2 /mb on GIg-E as long as also do IPv6 w/ IPv4. But
where HE did better is they also gave good pricing on the low capacity
commits. That makes it cost effective to give HE a try, before going all
out, provided you're in a colo they are at.

We also found a couple providers that had some really cool programs like you
commit to a monthly dollar figure, but could accept the bandwdith from any
Equinix facility or distributed between several of them, and move the
capacity on the fly to either location. It was  great option for someone
wanting to expand nationwide, but not knowing where sales will develop first
more.
But it also allowed Gig-E pricing without having to pay for GIg-E in
multiple locations.

Its to bad its at Equinix though, cause a lot of teh value proposition got
killed once transport added to it to get out to remote cell site, or
Equinix's clueless overcharging of antenna roof space.
Again its really sad when someone tried to charge more for an antenna
position than a GIg-E fiber link.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband