I love Vyatta.  I love PFSense...  I love a bunch of other
applications that can do this as well...  BUT it might be worth asking
what the job that you want the router to perform.

While some may bash vYatta -

Keep in mind - when the reload happened - they specifically did that
for their own Support Contracts ... folks that paid them - but yes - a
major release required a reload.
I can tell horror stories about having to do this w/ Cisco Vax
7200's   2650's and such as well.   IOS updates do not always go as
well as they advertise...

Why I do like vYatta is the simple fact they provide both the CLI and
GUI - (command line interface and graphical user interface)...

Here are a few reasons why folks in this board should consider vYatta
community edition: (free)

1.  Load Balancing
2.  BGP (Full )
3.  vLAN - do vlans out to the radios
4.  PPPOE - if you wanted to use it
5.  Parental Controls
6.  Speed Control / Traffic Shaping -   You can do this right on your
router.
7.  SQUID -  cache things vs hitting the web all the time for the same
content  (like windows updates, youtubes, etc )

I resell vYatta paid version for those interested - but for most the
community center is just fine.  The paid edition will give you all of
the aforementioned with the ability to obtain paid support - and this
is based upon the following:

1.  what type of contract you have purchased
2.  severity of the request - (ie everything down vs just a feature
request)

that being said -  WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO ?

If you have a simple setup - and just need full BGP - you might also
want to check out another Open Source Project called PFSense.

PFSense is full FreeBSD - runs on most any x86 hardware.
I can help any of you with this as well.   The PFSense book is a great
place to start - and is written for someone who has never done
routing...

one last thing about pfsense...  Its a full bsd license - you can even
rebrand it.

I have a bunch of PF systems out in the field as CPE for firewalling
and such - all running under our logo and skin when a client logs in.
a simple 1U rack mount makes that an awesome option -  so does a
simple flash drive on a card in a box ...

Ask questions if I can help either on or off list

:-)

Glenn