Mikrotik did have some very nasty BGP lock-up problems and
multi-processor lock-up bugs.  It definitely wasn't the hardware
because once they got it fixed, everything worked fine on the exact
same hardware.  BGP would just die.  Router would still be up and
working but with no BGP sessions.  We then had to hard code a default
route so we could get in and fix things.  Which then caused a problem
with OSPF.  Several bug fixes later and that bug was fixed.

All of these major issues were fixed about a year ago.  So, if you've
only been using it for a year, you didn't suffer through these
problems.

Mikrotik for BGP and OSPF has been stable for us.  We run 4.2-4.5 on
our routers now without issue.