From: Travis Johnson <t...@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 00:12:38
To: WISPA General List<wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Vyatta?

Hi,

I would like to be the first to say that the article about Skybeam seems
a little over dramatic. The quote that their Mikrotik routers had to be
rebooted every few days would indicate to me that they had hardware
problems, not software (Mikrotik) problems.

I have Mikrotik routers on my network that have been up over a full year
without a single reboot or issue. The only reason it's only a year is
due to software upgrades. With over 200 Mikrotik routers on my network
(several moving over 100Mbps of traffic and 10,000pps daily and one
moving over 400Mbps and 100,000pps), I can tell you Mikrotik is one of
the most solid, reliable packages available.

Yes, you are locked into their interface and CLI. Yes, it does have some
bugs and issues at times, but overall the best routing package I have seen.

Travis
Microserv