>>We ourselves are an electric co-op and ISP, most of our "towers" are
>>65ft poles. If your local co-op is friendly, it's a good way to go.
>
> Thanks... I think the ccop will be friendly enough, where they have
> poles. I've tried to locate nodes along pole routes when
> possible.  Some back roads don't have poles, though, so we may need
> to put up our own.
>
> Most antenna mounts want to be on a 1-3 inch metal pole.  What
> hardware do you use to attach to the wood pole?  And do you ever put
> antennas above the primaries, on a nonconductive mount, or do you
> always stay down in the safe zone?  Thanks...

I am guessing what he meant is they put the wireless gear on a
seperate pole from the electrical.  Being electric COOP its likely
easy for them to drop poles in just for it.  If you colocate on actual
electric poles you must be so many feet below the high voltage lines.
I think you must be certified for your person to come within so many
feet of the high voltage as well.  AFAIK.

Matt