From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Fred Goldstein
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:21 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Pole-mounted base stations

At 7/28/2010 12:37 PM, Mike Gilchrist wrote:

>I use these: http://www.sitepro1.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=51

>Look down the page for Taper Adjustable Chain Mount, single sectors,

>TCHM1-L.  They come with plenty of chain and you cut off excess with bolt

>cutters.  I fit a length of schedule 80 4" pipe to mount radios above the

>pole and take a solid bronze ground lead down the pole.

>You put these things on right and you will have no problems.  Nice
hardware.

Beautiful!  Thanks.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

Now to just find a simple, cheap, reliable (pick 3) little wind

charger for those off-grid sites... ;-)

>Friendly Regards,

>Mike

>Mike Gilchrist

>Disruptive Technologist

>Advanced Wireless Express

>P.O. Box 255

>Toledo, IA   52342

>239.770.6203

>m...@aweiowa.com

neighbor

>PUD to mount some equipment on their primary poles, in which case we had to

>maintain proper clearances from the power and communication space.  Mounts

>depend on the radio. Sometimes we just use a radio shack offset mast

>bracket, we've used a lot MTI brackets because they bolt right up to
Trango,

  --

  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com

  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/

  +1 617 795 2701

----

----