I know of some guys that are using SoftPerfect for small networks.  I'm
not sure how it scales or how the interface works. eg. if you can import
rules or if you have to manually create all of them.

If you simply want to limit bandwidth for each customer to their speed,
MasterShapper will work.  www.mastershapper.org
It uses a MySQL database so you can nicely import all the rules into the
tables.

jessdk has some very nice tutorials in the forums on how to build it
with debian.