Forbes, just be careful, here. ALL equipment exhibits some sort of goofiness when it hits its limit. If the processor can not handle the load, bad things happen. If it runs out of memory, it does goofy things. Whether it is an MT or Cisco, it will fail at some level of loading. The Ubiquiti will, too, at some point.

I don't think your problem is MT, per se, It also is not bridging as many like to make it out. It looks to me that the problem is MT doesn't handle large amounts of data or high packet rates over bridged ports.

While I don't have a direct answer for your question, I do have a long-term recommendation: Determine what the traffic load is now and what you anticipate it to be in 1, 3 and 5 years. Determine what you want the network topology to be in 1, 3, and 5 years. Do some research and find the equipment that will handle the load in the topology you want in 5 years. That is the gear to use. I understand your current feeling and I do not disagree with your approach. Just be aware that anything you do today without the planning is very likely to also be a "throw-away" purchase. Use it to get over the current hump, but expect to throw it away when you get to the configuration you want.