From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Justin Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:52 AM
To: fai...@snappydsl.net; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Full BGP on RouterOS

   Look into Imagestream for BGP.  Very stable and less expensive than
Cisco.  IMHO you want something running the edge of your network to have
support and software updates.  If you go with Cisco plan on the extra
expense of Smartnet.

    Having said that I have ran BGP on Imagestream in the 3.X range.  I
believe the highest any BGP routers I have are 3.30.  The reason being
is you don't have to run the latest greatest for BGP.  It's a very
simple protocol actually.  These are x86 P4 machines receiving partial
routes, not full.

    Justin

--
Justin Wilson <j...@mtin.net>