At 11/21/2011 11:18 PM, Scottie Arnett wrote:
>Re-reading your posts brings me to another question.....has any VOIP
>carriers ever used cellular carriers numbers? Is it even possible?

First, wrt the Livingston exchange, 931-397 and 931-403 belong to US
Cellular; the latter is pooled (they're using the 7's).  Nextel has
-871, pooled (using 6 and 7).  Oddly, US Cellular but not S-N says it
subtends a Gaineborough tandem, which is Twin Lakes, but most Twin
Lakes exchanges subtend Nashville.

As to VoIP via cellular numbers, well, its sort of odd, but it might
be possible.  The new rules may actually say something about this --
there was a VoIP company affiliated with a wireless company that was,
uh, alleged to have been laundering its LD calls via the cellular
company in order to get the lower termination rates.  They deny it of
course... but that may have been addressed in the intercarrier
rules.  I haven't gotten through it all yet. (It's freakin' huge.)  I
actually had a client that was a wireless company whose business
included lots and lots of modems, way back when, so it's not
unprecedented to have, uh, "incidental" non-wireless traffic go
through a wirless feed.  And heck, put up one 3.65 GHz base station
(if it's allowed there) and declare it "CMRS", and you're a cellco too!

There's one lawyer I know who sort of specializes in this sort of thing.