On Jan 26, 2012, at 1:00 PM, wireless-requ...@wispa.org wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:25:37 -0500
> From: "Tom DeReggi" <wirelessn...@rapiddsl.net>
> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Juniper Network
> To: <aajayi...@as-technologies.com>, "WISPA General List"
>       <wireless@wispa.org>
>

> With that said, We've been looking into Juniper lately, I like that their
> new lines are all based on the same Juno OS, which is Linux. :-)
>
> So, my recommendation is... What are you familiar with? Use that.
>
> I'm not familiar with the Juniper model and foundry products listed to know
> if that is a good product to keep or not.

Actually BSD.  And I believe JunOS has always been based on BSD.  Not a recent
thing.

Just my opinion here.  If a network engineer understand the protocols, learning
the vendor's OS is not a big deal.  But I get how folks develop a comfort
sticking with 1 vendor.

Courtney Smith
courtneysm...@comcast.net