You could just stick one of these in:  http://alyrica.net/net_hatchet

Kevin

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chuck Profito
  To: 'WISPA General List'
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Inexpensive alarm monitor

  From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Chuck Profito
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:22 AM
  To: 'WISPA General List'

  the most inexpensive is in your trash pile, a power pinger, or CB3 radio,
plug it in on the line side of the UPS and just  ping it every minute and you
will know when you are on battery.  Conversely for a  generator.  also a camera
facing a set of gages, voltage, line, generator, oil pressure, temp, etc.  Your
probably too young to remember the "cable weather channel"  same thing but with
music.