You can do tag swapping and other fancy VLAN tricks in AirOS by
creating VLAN subints and mapping them to each other using bridge
interfaces.
The Linux bridge interface behaves more like a switch than a "bridge"
in that you can control mac aging, learning, etc so it doesn't blindly
forward traffic.
If you were feeling ambitious you could roll custom Ubnt firmware that
includes OAM features using dot1ag-utils.

Speaking to the earlier discussion,
While it has overhead I've seen people use EoIP on Mikrotik to
implement pseudo EPL services. L2 over L3 over L2 may offend
sensibilities but it works well enough.
I've also seen carriers using older Cisco gear to connect up customers
to non-MEF switches (Cisco 3550 is still used all over the place) and
do L2PT and QinQ to carry traffic towards the core where you have
devices capable of doing pseudowires.
My point here is that there are ways to achieve the goal of providing
L2 transport services over wireless, fiber, carrier pigeon with
current "small carrier" equipment. Mikrotik & Ubiquiti aren't
targeting the kinds of customers that demand the formal MEF features
and I wouldn't expect them to change.