On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 23:16 -0500, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Of course they fit the networks they're capable of, because
> they're capable of so little. ;-) I'm honestly working to
> remove all the RB250s from my house's network as they've
> become too annoying. I'll have to home-run some more cable,
> but so is life.

They are plenty capable for a $40 switch.  That is what they are and to
expect something more is not a problem of the product, but the
implementer.  I have 3 of them here in my home network and guess
what...they work perfectly as I expect.  I don't expect them to be more
than a cheap switch, though.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *