At 10/19/2012 12:40 AM, Dennis Burgess wrote:

Maybe I should take this off-list but this would be a better question. What RFC or industry standard features are you referring ? Specific items! :)

It's not in RFCs; RFCs are the IETF vehicle, which is really all about TCP/IP. Carrier Ethernet is not theirs. It's standardized by the Metro Ethernet Forum, so the standards have MEF numbers. MEF in turn largely cites IEEE specs from the 802 family, but assembles them, with its own touches, into its own packages.

inline comments