From: Daniel Mullen <wi...@metrocom.ca<mailto:wi...@metrocom.ca>>
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:22 PM
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org<mailto:wireless@wispa.org>>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Recommendations for Ubiquiti 3.65 site

If this helps:

We are in Canada - spectrum license time: one week. Effort: one page letter.

There are three 900 MHz Canopy sectors and an omni serving at least 24
customers who are now on 2.4 GHz Canopy.

Currently the backhaul is on 5 GHz but this will need to change to support a
~300 Mbps link.

The site is on a hill with a 96' tower overlooking the coast, with all of the
30 or so 2.4 GHz customers being inside of 1000 yards, and perhaps a few more
up to 2000 yards away.

My plan was to put up two Titanium base stations, each with a 90° antenna of
unknown source as of yet, and to put up to 24 customers on each sector to offer
an upgrade to either 5 Mbps or 10 Mbps connections. These are existing
customers, so it would be free radio rental and free installation in return for
24 month contracts.

I would be more than willing to deploy something like the PMP450 or Runcom LTE
stuff, but we need to do this in the next couple of weeks.

Daniel