Having been a part of a deal gone bad I recommend cash up front.  Once you
hand over the keys it¹s pretty hard to get it back.  If you have to go to
Litigation you are going to be spending money out of pocket for attorneys.
I agree with Cameron.   Cash at closing. If you don¹t do 100% cash at
closing you should be prepared to not see another dime if you do anything
else.

I know ISPs who sold, got some money at closing, and then ended up spending
twice that money on attorney fees and still ended up with nothing.  Selling
a business should be like selling a high dollar item.  If I was going to
sell a car I sure wouldn¹t sell it on contract.   Too many things can go
wrong.

If I had 100% ownership in an ISP today and wanted to sell I would take a
hit on the overall price.  If then user couldn¹t afford it and I really
needed to sell for whatever reason I would simply take a lower price.  Less
stress that way.

Justin

--
Justin Wilson <j...@mtin.net>