Tim,

In most cases you can split the hot leads on the 240v outlet into two 120v
circuits. There are adapter pigtails for this if you don't want to hardware it.

>From memory, our local hardware store sells these (in the US).

A quick Google search revealed this:
http://www.wayfair.com/Champion-Power-Equipment-Generator-Y-Adapter-for-Champion-Power-Equipment-48035-L771-K~CXP1067.html?refid=GX50899353420-CXP1067&device=c&ptid=75696510540&gclid=CJ_Fktv348ECFUdffgod3z4ANw

Brett Woollum
Senior Sales Engineer
br...@tekify.com

Tekify Broadband Internet Services
Web: http://www.tekify.com
Phone: 510-266-5800 , ext 6200

----- Original Message -----

From: "Tim Way" <t...@way.vg>
To: sc...@brevardwireless.com, "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:50:52 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Off topic sorta power question....

I would think something like this might be the safer option:
http://www.certifiedmtp.com/step-up-step-down-transformer-500w/?gclid=CNWj1Kro48ECFQipaQodB74ADQ

That said I'm not an electrician and I think that question might be best
answered by one.

Tim Way

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Scott Carullo < sc...@brevardwireless.com >
wrote:

I need to place a 120v normal 1U router in a rack that only has 240v twist lock
receptacles available for power. I need to put a UPS there so I just looked for
a 240v UPS with the right plugs but because they are made for a lot larger load
they were way bigger (and more expensive) than what I was looking for. SO...
anyone have a better way to do this? I have considered taking one leg and
bonding the neutral and ground, but.....

Thanks

Scott Carullo
Technical Operations
855-FLSPEED x102