Ok...  sorry to beat this horse but I'm apparently not following you.

 There are three lugs my shiny new male plug has.
 1-120v leg1 from single phase source
 2-120v leg2 from single phase source
 3- Neutral wire which bonds to ground at building main panel from power
company.

 Cloud Core has three wires feeding the power supply.
 1-120v leg (1 or 2) from single phase source
 2-Neutral
 3-Ground

 A) I completely understand how I can take a single 120v wire from leg1 or
leg2 of the power source and then take the neutral to both neutral and
ground of the router power supply and make this work - thats easy - but not
code.

 B) I also understand how I could take a neutral, a ground and one hot wire
with voltage anywhere from 110-250v and it will work with cloud core power
supply. (but not I do not have this configuration at source)

 C) I do not understand how you can take two hots and a neutral and turn
that into anything (just by using a cable) that the router can use unless
that cable is doing nothing more than what I described above in "A"

 Thanks

 Scott Carullo
Technical Operations
855-FLSPEED x102