No Omni's!

65deg max antenna beam pattern?

That kills all the consumer gear right there...  And cell phones.

And kills the Cable Co hanging PoP's.

NN... with the License # REQUIRED for a distributor to sell gear... With
penalty's... say 200% of the gear sold without a license?

How about the gear has to be unlocked, like Mimosa, but also requires
your NN license number to unlock and register...

--

On 6/7/2017 5:38 PM, mike.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible that it can be used for only PTMP / PTP and NOT consumer use
> (i.e., wireless routers)? Thats my major complaint right now. My hilltop APs
> see hundreds of comcast/xfinity APs along with everyones netgear home router.
>
>> On Jun 7, 2017, at 14:34, Mark Radabaugh <m...@amplex.net> wrote:
>>
>> For 6Ghz it would likely be a coordinated system similar to the SAS system
>> planned for CBRS but without the ESC portion.  The coordination from the SAS
>> would protect existing users and links.  I would expect to see a
>> professional installer requirement similar to CBRS rules.   Part 101 is a
>> small part of the potentially available spectrum between 5900 and 7200.
>> There are plenty of other users that would need to be protected as well.
>> Whatever happens here isn't going to be true unlicensed spectrum.
>>
>> My question earlier was more general than just the 6Ghz space.   There are
>> other frequency bands can be looked at for PTMP that can make use of a SAS
>> type of system to allow multiple uses of currently underutilized spectrum,
>> but they all have some form of incumbent.  The TV Whitespace rules are
>> largely useless because the NAB tried so hard to protect its turf that the
>> rules make it very difficult to use for PTMP.    I don't believe we should
>> be shutting down anything that can get us more PTMP space but should instead
>> be supporting proposals that protect what we have while finding additional
>> ways to reach customers.
>>
>> Mark Radabaugh
>> Amplex
>> 22690 Pemberville Rd
>> Luckey, OH 43447
>> 419-261-5996

>>> I still want to able to coordinate new part 101 6GHz links. That band
>>> should not be removed from the box of tools WISPs have for licensed links.
>>>
>>> ~Seth

West Michigan Wireless ISP
Allegan, Michigan  49010
269-686-8648