I saw that you were able to fix your immediate problem by doing a 'Save As'
however that is not really practical for long-term purposes. I can't
remember if the 101 error was just a catch-all for all things gone bad with
a FM datasource but it might have been. I thought of some things to check so
I thought I'd just pass them along.

I do seem to recall if there were problems with data that FM Pro was
expecting then the 101 error would appear. I would check the options in your
field definition to make sure that there is nothing that might be preventing
the insert from being accepted. You said in a later post that you're not
using auto incrementing fields but there are other FM Pro field definition
options that can prevent an insert. Also watch your debug to make sure that
what you think might be the values being inserted are actually the values
being inserted. Nothing like having a popup option set to insert a letter
into a numeric field or vice versa. Also look for a pattern with specific
fields causing the error. I quite often will test one field at a time until
I find the culprit.

You mentioned that you had reset the insert action's datasource, what about
trying to recreate the insert action completely? It's a pain but try
dragging a new insert action into your TAF file just above or below the
existing one. Then drag the fields across from your datasource window to
match what is there already, filling the values in with the same values as
the original insert. Or just create a builder in another TAF and drag it
across. The thing that raises my eyebrow is that you mention that you got it
to work until you added another column to the insert. Have you changed the
names of anything outside of Tango, such as the directory where FM is
running or the name of FM or the name of the database, etc. Or have you
changed anything with regards to your system such as a new version of the OS
or adding something that might affect Apple Events, etc.

Hope this helps,

Steve Smith

Skadt Information Solutions
Office: (519) 624-4388