Hey Dude,

I don't know if you'll have much luck with the JavaScript route. In order to
make use of JavaScript, an event has to be fired and I don't think there is
a "onbookmark" or equivalent available.

Plus, I'm sure that any available behavior would be different for every
Browser brand.

MSIE has a method where you can make your own "Add Favorite" link or button
on a page and specify a custom URL and title:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/addfavorite.asp?frame=true
(Above URL may word-wrap)

I use this on my site but it is MSIE specific, and I'm sure you're looking
for something for all browsers - plus you still can't stop someone from
using the add Bookmark/Favorite button on their browser toolbar, which I'm
sure you can't override.

I would think most browsers would block what you are trying to do, because
it could be used for malicious reasons.

Some web-developers that don't belong to the Witango List, are known to be
less scrupulous :-)

One option, although not a very practical one, would be to redisplay the
external "target" page via <@URL> so that external URL's always have your
domain address - so then you could also do checks for Logon Variables and
such before displaying pages.

<@URL> with the BASE attribute would allow you to re-display a page from
www.othersite.com/page.htm as www.mysite.com/mypage.taf

As a result, any save as a Bookmark/Favorite would be your address and not
the real address.

Hope this helps. Cheers........

Scott Cadillac,
XML-Extranet - http://xml-extra.net
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Well-formed Development
--
Extranet solutions using C# .NET, Witango, MSIE and XML